Merry....

And tis the season to be jolly.... fa la la la la...la la la la..... Yes ladies and gentlemen, Christmas is upon us. Usually the happiest time of the year, other than every payday and that occasional government holiday that pops up without any warning... don’t you just love those... Rain Days during school... Strikes during college (not that we had any)... The boss’ death and even Gandhi’s birthday.... All good!

It’s a nice Christmas this time, got my cousins and niece at home, mum’s in the kitchen making the Christmas snacks (some set Murukku and some Diamond Cuts) and she’s asked me to get her a half of Old Monk to mix in the cake, bless her soul for she understands her family’s ways. The Mossie bai is going to deliver the Biriyani tomorrow for lunch, sometimes I feel that is why they were put on this blessed Earth, to feed all us fat SOB’s.

Damn... I haven’t gone shopping yet. No clothes or anything of that sort, and no gifts for most people, got to get me folks something though and my niece wants me to buy her a Barbie doll, and I just found out that one of these damn dolls costs around 1000 bucks. How is it that a plastic doll that doesn’t do anything and that’s probably made in China cost so much, Madness isn’t it? I remember the good old days when my GI Joes and He-Man figurines used to cost around 40 to about 100 rupees, I had like a million of them, wonder where they all went....

I’m going to make the brandy fondue for dessert, a round of Rummy and bottle of Johnny mixed with all that Rum cake and Chocolates and we’ll all be going Ho! Ho! Ho! by the end of the night. The only annoying part is waking up early on a Friday to go to Church, not that I don’t enjoy Church (especially on Christmas and Harvest) it’s just that it’s too early in the morning. It’s the one time of year you can see everyone that happy there, the usual Church gossip, Politics and commotion will be replaced by loud and happy people exchanging Christmas wishes and pleasantries about how each other’s clothes look and how happy they are to see each other, and for me it is usually a remark about how long it has been since they’ve seen me in Church.

But all in all a really good time it is and it’s going to be. So the verdict is as simple as the pie that we aren’t making...

To be as Merry as Santa Clause on shrooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment